Information On Mental Illness Treatments And Progress Of Education
There are various institutions around the world today that believe in accessible and effective approaches in order to remedy symptoms and restore functions for individuals who have mental illnesses. The mission involved in pursuing these cures is a challenge and often requires the commitment of a number of people. These people include the patients, the patients’ friends and families, politicians, business people, and scientists. These missions are based on two intertwined paths that will include raising awareness and enabling research.
How To Enable Research Towards Cures
Currently, neuroscience has landed at a stage of critical mass whereby, several new types of tools, as well as new found knowledge, have the ability to produce useful discoveries. However, the funding available for this particular science is very limited due the sequestration of the federal spending. In order to increase the cures for mental illness treatment programs, these institutions encourage citizens to advocate in the following ways:
- Encourage scientific communities to share their data openly and then collaborate together for a faster progress.
- Encouraging the government in funding research in order to develop methods for an early diagnosis, early intervention, and prevention. In this way, doctors may be able to offer their patients the most effective and efficient means for a cure to their mental illness before it has the time to manifest fully.
How To Raise Awareness Towards Mental Illness Cures
Below are a few facts that can assist in the education progress related to mental illnesses:
- Mental illness is described as a brain disease that is rooted firmly in biology. This illness can be treated and addressed using medical treatments.
- These types of brain diseases are typically common in around 1 out of 4 individuals. These individuals are afflicted in diagnosable ways. Mental illnesses are regarded as the number one cause relating to adult disabilities around the world.
- Even though the current systems and modes of treatments are often regarded as inadequate when it comes to healing patients fully, policy advocacy and research can result in routine recovery, satisfactory care, and in some cases a possible cure.
Education Progress Investigating The Roots Of Bipolar Disorder Treatment
Lithium is a drug that has been the most prescribed for the treatment of bipolar mania since 1970. Many of the individuals with bipolar disorders have relied on lithium in order to stabilize their moods over a long term. However, this treatment has been known to produce extremely serious side-effects, specifically when the blood levels start to become imbalanced.
An Associate Professor of the Laval University’s Department of Psychiatry and Neuroscience named Jean-Martin Beaulieu, Ph.D. won the 2014 IMHRO Rising Star Translational Research Award. This was related to his proposal that involved the development for targeted mood stabilizers.
His latest project involves steps towards developing new pharmaceutical treatments in relation to the bipolar disorder. His project involves results that validate that the Akt/B Arr2 “protein interface” is a drug target related to developing clinically usable molecule compounds that are able to replicate effects of the drug lithium, without numerous limitations that have been linked to the drug.